Call for abstracts is open for the EuroGOOS International Conference (3-5 October 2023, Galway). Deadline for submission is 16 April.
This year marks an anniversary edition of the EuroGOOS Conference, which has provided a focal point for European operational oceanography for nearly 30 years. This edition has been endorsed as an official event of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development 2021-2030.
The Conference will offer an opportunity to discuss how well our ocean monitoring and forecasting are supporting societal and policy needs. The event will facilitate dialogue among a broad range of ocean observing and forecasting stakeholders, towards a fit-for-purpose ocean information delivery.
The key priorities of the 10th EuroGOOS International Conference are:
- Analyse the state of the art and defining emerging priorities in operational oceanography;
- Advance the European Ocean Observing System (EOOS) framework towards the sustainability and integration of in situ observations;
- Develop a seamless forecasting system of the European seas and global ocean;
- Strengthen the responsiveness of European operational oceanography to policy and governance needs;
- Foster engagement of all stakeholders to co-design the European operational oceanography;
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusivity in oceanography and ocean science;
- Integrate European operational oceanography into the global context.
Discover the full call for abstracts on the Conference website: Eurogoos-conference2023.marine.ie.
This event is co-organized by the EuroGOOS Office and the Marine Institute, Ireland. This is an event of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development 2021-2030.
The post EuroGOOS International Conference – Call for Abstracts open! appeared first on EuroGOOS.