VIII GOOS Regional Forum Meeting
5 – 7 September 2017
National University of Singapore, Singapore
The Eighth Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS) Regional Alliances Forum will be held 5, 6, 7 September 2017 in Singapore.
MonGOOS will be represented by Giovanni Coppini, MonGOOS co-chair.
The GRAs Forum will bring together the GOOS regions to discuss progress and further integration for the next biennium . GOOS Regional Alliances will exchange on major highlights and challenges since the last GRA Forum 2015 in Heraklion.
It allows for GRAs to be updated about the current status of GOOS and its forward strategy.
Significant time will be allowed for discussion of agreed GRA priorities:
- actions from GRA VII (including asset mapping and modelling inventories)
- cross-GRA pilot projects, and
- new observing networks (ocean gliders, high frequency radar).
We will also take time to explore the potential for new partnerships between GRAs and other programs relevant to GOOS, with an emphasis on capacity development:
- Global Ocean Acidification Observing Network (GOA-ON)
- Regional ocean observing initiatives
- Large Marine Ecosystems (LMEs)
- Modelling and Forecasting.